The RADIOLOGY department of Cosmoshealth polyclinic is properly equipped for the provision of radiodiagnostic services in the context of primary health care, both serving preventive medicine and scheduled clinics as well as emergencies that need immediate diagnosis. It consists of the X-Rays imaging laboratory and the Ultrasound imaging laboratory.
The Ultrasound examinations performed are:
- Upper Abdomen (liver, spleen , bile, pancreas)
- Lower abdomen
- Urinary system ( kidneys, bladder, uterus, prostate)
- Gynecological (intra-abdominal and intravaginal)
- Thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Soft tissue imaging
- Vascular (Angio) TRIPLEX legs’ veins
- Vascular (Angio) TRIPLEX legs’ arteries
- Vascular (Angio) TRIPLEX arms
- Vascular (Angio) TRIPLEX abdominal Aorta
- Vascular (Angio) TRIPLEX of cervical vessels (carotid arteries)
- Ultrasound and vascular TRIPLEX of the Scrotum
- Ultrasound assessment of appendicitis.
Radiology examinations performed:
- Issuance of Radiologist medical declarations for certification purposes (working license in public or private sector, etc)
- Siemens X-Ray system with a ceiling mounted X-ray tube that provides 3D X-ray imaging
- Carestream CR Digitizer system and laser medical film printer
- General Electric Mammography unit.
Ultrasound imaging laboratory
Cosmoshealth polyclinic incorporates a fully equipped ultrasound laboratory that is equipped with three (3) General Electric ultrasound scanners, accompanied by linear, convex and intravaginal /intracavity probes, covering all medical diagnostic needs. The systems are also capable of Color TRIPLEX ultrasound imaging for angiology examinations and blood flow measurements.